TO: All Club Advisors and Adult Members
FROM: Alicia Rogan, Ecology Camp Registration Chair
SUBJECT: Sierra Club High School Hikers Ecology Camp
Get ready, get set for Ecology Camp 2003! Plans for this years
Ecology Camp at Camp Kokokahi are nearly complete. Attached are
two sets of registration forms. The colored set is for advisors
and the white set is to be used for duplication. Please run off
copies as needed and distribute to all hiking club members, adults
and chaperones included.
The white set for students and chaperones consists of:
- STUDENT/PARENT FLIER
- STUDENT PAYMENT FORM
- MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM
- INDEMNIFICATION FORM
- GUIDELINES FOR STUDENT BEHAVIOR WHILE PARTICIPATING IN ECOLOGY
- STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF GUIDELINES FOR
- STATEMENT CONCERNING SWIMMING BY PARTICIPANT
The colored set for club advisors and adult members consists
of all of the above PLUS:
- Registration List (for advisors only)
- Proposed Program & Schedule
- Committee List
- Distribute materials to your students as soon as possible
and appraise parents/guardians. Consider having a "Parents
Night" to answer any questions they may have and to work
our club logistics. Be sure to receive your schools approval
of this activity by completing all forms, which are required,
and purchasing student insurance for any uninsured participants.
- Each club will be allotted 10 students slots. Others will
be placed on a waiting list. If additional slots are needed,
let me know and I will inform you of space availability after
forms from other clubs have been received.
- All advisors and adult members, including chaperones, must
complete the health emergency form. These are to be turned in
with all registration forms.
- Please make sure that all students attending Ecology Camp
understand that they will required to participate in hikes and
service projects on Saturday and Sunday and they must provide
their own work gloves.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER JANUARY 31, 2003!
- IMPORTANT DEADLINE: All registration forms, checks,
and health forms (front and back) to be mailed in by January
22, 2003! Mail attention
Castle High School
45-386 Kaneohe Bay Drive
Kaneohe, HI 96744